UNC BCERP seeks to accomplish the following major aims:
1. Identify whether obesity interacts with post-pregnancy changes in the breast to promote cancer development.
2. Identify changes caused by interactions between basal-like breast cancer and other cells found in breasts of obese women.
3. Determine if pregnancy and obesity alter the area surrounding breast cancer tissue in basal-like breast cancer patients.
4. Identify outreach needs and implement effective educational tools that inform women about obesity-related breast cancer risk.
5. Promote bidirectional communication between researchers and the breast cancer community in North Carolina.
Community Advisory Committee
Funded by NIEHS Grant # U01 ES019472-01
|Last updated July 30, 2012|