|PHLP faculty to offer course at annual APHA meeting in Washington, D.C.
"Measuring and Improving the Financial Performance of Local Public
Health Agencies" will be offered by the Learning Institute of the 135th
annual meeting of the American Public Health Association (APHA) on Saturday,
November 3, from 1:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. at the Washington Convention
Center in Washington, D.C. (Click here to see flyer.)
Faculty for the short course include:
Local public health agency directors, managers
with budget responsibilities, and others will learn
- Peggy Honore, DHA, national public health
- Cheryll D. Lesneski, DrPH, clinical
assistant professor in the Public Health Leadership Program at the UNC
School of Public Health, and
- William Zelman, PhD, professor in the
Department of Health Policy and Administration at the School.
The cost of the workshop is $240. Registration
instructions and other information can be found online.
- Quantitative methods to measure and analyze
- Methods to improve agency financial
- Basic concepts and best practices for
financial managmeent and analysis
- Financial indicators applicable to
monitoring agency financial status and performance
Last updated July 30, 2007