BEGIN by deciding which Degree is for you
Step 1: SOPHAS Application
- Applicants for all MPH programs must submit a SOPHAS
. Applicants are advised to submit materials to SOPHAS 4 weeks prior to program deadlines, to allow SOPHAS to process the application and send out instructions for completing the separate Graduate School application.
Step 2: Graduate School Application - instructions for this application will be emailed out once SOPHAS application has been completed.
- Applications are accepted for fall and spring semesters. March 1 is the deadline for Fall enrollment through SOPHAS; Oct. 1 for Spring enrollment.
- Deadline for consideration for merit awards, fellowships, etc. -
Financial assistance awards begin with the Fall semester, and many of
the application deadlines occur prior to the PHLP Fall enrollment
deadline of March 1. Consequently, new applicants for fall are advised
to submit materials by December 11 for full financial assistance
consideration by the
School. (Students admitted for Spring will be advised of opportunities
to apply for funding for the Fall semester.) Applications
received after December 11 will be considered as funds remain available.
information on financial aid, please refer to the Office of Scholarships and
Student Aid and the Graduate School's Funding page. The School of Public Health and PHLP offer financial
assistance, guidance and awards for financing your education as well.
Please contact Sue Robeson at 919-966-5305 if you have
any problems with the application process.
Manage Your Application
- You may track the progress
of your application, verify the receipt of your application materials and view
the Department's admissions decision ONLINE
In addition to the general University admissions
requirements, MPH program admissions requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree
- Relevant work experience (minimum of 3-5 years preferred)
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Personal statement/Statement of professional goals
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official transcripts for all completed coursework and each
- GRE or equivalent entrance exam scores taken within five
years of application (may not be required for applicants with a doctoral
- TOEFL and completed financial certificate for international
Make sure you have completed your FAFSA
to qualify for
additional financial aid.
Last updated August 23, 2013