|The Migration Process: Home
Migration Process Outline
The migration process consists for four steps. Each step needs to be completed and tested before the next one can begin. Here is an overview of the process:
of issues that might hamper migration
of Users, Devices, Lists, etc to be move
to make the overall process smoother
- Determine if software updates are necessary (such as updating Office 2003 to Office 2007).
Domain migration to the Microsoft Active Directory (AD)
Transfer existing email, contacts, calendar to
- Takes about an hour, depending on the volume of email to be transferred.
- Updates email routing so all new mail is delivered via Exchange.
- Enables remote access to Outlook Web Access (OWA) at http://outlook.unc.edu
- Update or configure mobile devices for remote Exchange access.
Follow up tasks for mobile devices, remote access, etc
- Process any loose ends or issues
- Set up shared mail folders and mailing lists
Last updated July 16, 2009