Graduate Traineeships/GRA Positions
- When funding becomes available, the Maternal and Child Health Department makes awards to students based on the departmental student financial status form. Make sure to update your form regularly and that Carrie Aldrich has your most recent form.
- The Department also has limited Graduate Traineeships. They are awarded based on merit and need and are typically awarded prior to matriculation in the first year.
- For GRA positions, students may talk with professors in MCH and other departments to see what is available.
The Academic Common Market
- The Graduate School at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill proudly participates in the Academic Common Market (ACM). Facilitated by the Southern Regional Education Board, the ACM is a cooperative arrangement among universities in 16 states in the southeastern United States. Applicants accepted into one of the following graduate programs at Carolina, and who qualify and are selected for the ACM, are charged tuition at the in-state rate.
- To qualify for the ACM you first need to be accepted in one of the graduate programs. Once accepted, you will need to contact the ACM coordinator in your home state. You can find the name of your ACM home coordinator here. Your ACM state coordinator will need to verify that you are a legal resident of that state and the program for which you have been accepted is not offered in your home state. Available slots for qualified ACM students are limited.
- For more information, please go to the ACM explanation here on the Graduate School Website.
Last updated June 03, 2013