• 25+ years international experience teaching, mentoring, management and technical assistance provision in Public Health
• Senior research fellow Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Nairobi training and supervising graduate students' research designs and methodology
• Director, Research, Information, Documentation services, Center for African Family Studies, IPPF affiliate Africa region
• Program Associate II, Population Council - operations research on STI/HIV services integration into sexual and reproductive health services in Africa.
• 2002 Regional Director, Research, Africa Region, Family Health International; Director, Field Programs global Research Program; currently Project Director, PROGRESS – $50 million USAIDcontract awarded to FHI in 2008.
• Writing and winning major research grants, established country offices, policies, procedures and supervised country and project directors in many African countries.
• Development and implementation of SRH research and programs in the Africa Region through research on STIs, HIV/AIDS, Family Planning, post-abortion care and childhood illnesses.
• Published in many peer-reviewed journals
• Contributed to several book chapters