Check out the beta version of our new Gillings Program Search (GPS)
for prospective students. The GPS provides a search option for our School's degree and non-degree programs, as well as the ability to drill down to an overview of each program's quick facts and related information about how to apply.
HB Master's-to-Doctoral Program (MSPH-PhD Residential)
MPH, PhD, and MSPH/PhD students at the 2012 Public Service Awards Ceremony
Students in the MSPH/PhD degree track earn the Master of Science in Public Health (MSPH) degree before completing the requirements to receive the PhD.
Students enrolled in the MSPH/PhD track complete 71 credits of course work (and 75 credits total) in three years. Other requirements of the MSPH/PhD Program include:
Interested in learning more about the MSPH/PhD Program?
- A research practicum after the first academic year in the program that culminates in a publishable manuscripts;
- Passage of the master's level comprehensive examination;
- The completion of a doctoral level primary and secondary practicum;
- Passage of written and oral doctoral comprehensive exams; and
- a dissertation focused on original research on a contemporary public health problem relevant to health behavior and health education.
Last updated October 14, 2013